Marissa, creator of FirstandFull.com is an NFL wife, mother of 2, and family- taught home cook. She specializes in tailgating eats, meal prep, and easy family dinners. Marissa and her husband Jeff, often host the offensive line for family style dinners and she is always down for a good tailgate!VISIT FIRST AND FULL FOR MORE RECIPES
1 pound of ground beef, cooked
1 pound of brisket, chopped (approx. 2 C)
1 pound of smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces 3 C beef stock
2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2- 15 oz. cans of fire roasted tomatoes
1- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp oil
3 Tbsp chili powder 2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 C Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, The Original
3 tbsp Head Country Championship Seasoning, The Original
1/4 C brown sugar
green onion, sliced
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded sour cream
1. In a large Dutch oven, brown the ground beef and set aside.
2. Cook the smoked sausage in the remain oil till brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the 2 Tbsp of oil to the pot and saute the chopped onion and minced garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the seasonings (chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, cayenne pepper) and stir till fragrant.
4. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef broth.
5. Add the black beans and kidney beans. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the BBQ sauce, seasoning, and brown sugar. Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Slowly add in the cooked meats. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Turn to low to keep warm.
8. Adjust seasonings to taste.
9. Garnish with scallions, shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream.