Thomas, the creator of Pursuit of Smoke BBQ, is a guy passionate about backyard bbq. From lamb cutlets with apple habanero sauce, to butterfly pork chops with bbq peach glaze, to getting that perfect bark and smoke ring on a brisket, outdoor cooking is something he enjoys doing and sharing with friends, family, and anyone he meets.VISIT PURSUIT OF SMOKE BBQ ON INSTAGRAM
1. Get your offset smoker up to temp, around 275°F with apple wood. Adjust according to your preferred cooker.
2. To prep chicken, cut around the knuckle end of the drumstick, remove excess skin and tendons, avoid cutting the meat on the leg.
3. Once all drumsticks are trimmed, apply mustard (used as binder) and Head Country Championship Seasoning, The Original.
4. Back to smoker; place your tin tray with a stick of butter on the grill. once butter is completely melted place the drumsticks in the tin.
5. Let the chicken cook until internal temp of the meat reaches 165°F. Cook time should be around an hour.
6. Glaze chicken legs with Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Apple Habanero and place back on the grill without tin for another 15 - 20 minutes, allowing sauce to set.