Marissa, creator of FirstandFull.com is an NFL wife, mother of 2, and family- taught home cook. She specializes in tailgating eats, meal prep, and easy family dinners. Marissa and her husband Jeff, often host the offensive line for family style dinners and she is always down for a good tailgate!VISIT FIRSTANDFULL.COM FOR MORE RECIPES
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 C + 1/4 C Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce (your favorite flavor), divided
1 tbsp Worcestershire
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 bag of tortilla chips
3 scallions, the green part only, sliced thinly
1 jalapeno, sliced
1 C mild cheddar cheese, shredded*
1 C white cheddar, shredded*
*For maximum cheese flavor and the best melt, shred your own cheese!
Try it on some waffle fries!
1. Preheat your oven to BROIL.
2. Caramelize the onions: SauteÌ onions on medium low, in 1 tbsp of olive oil until
they become soft and turn a caramel color; approx. 12-15 minutes. Stir
3. Brown the ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion
powder. Drain excess fat. Stir in 1 C of Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce and 1 tbsp of
4. Nacho Assembly: Place a layer of chips on an oven safe dish or tray. Top with
1/2 of the BBQ ground beef. Spread 1/2 of the caramelized onions over the top, followed by 1/2 of the crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with 1/2 C mild cheddar cheese and 1/2 C white cheddar cheese. REPEAT.
5. Place under the broiler for 4 minutes. Set a time and stay close by to insure you don't burn the nachos.
6. Drizzle with the additional 1/4 C of Head Country Bar-B-Q sauce and serve with scallions and jalapenÌƒos.