Elizabeth is a flight attendant by day, food blogger, and amateur chef by night. When she isn't in the sky, she is in the kitchen and on the grill. A Southern girl at heart, Elizabeth combines both her culinary roots with different cuisines she's experienced to create fun and delicious recipes.VISIT BLONDE GIRL FOOD FOR FULL RECIPE
6 Strips of Bacon (cooked)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
1 1/2 cups Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce (I use Hot and Spicy)
4 Chicken Breasts
2 TB Head Country Championship Seasoning, Sweet & Spicy
1 tsp Garlic Salt
4 Buns (I use Brioche)
1/2 stick Butter
Chopped Green Onion (for Garnish)
1. Set grill to medium high heat.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with HC seasoning and salt.
3. Once the grill has reached high enough heat, place chicken on the grill.
4. After 4 minutes, rotate the chicken 90ºF and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken and repeat the rotation to get those nice grill marks.
5. Once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160ºF, brush 1 cup of barbecue sauce over the four breasts.
6. Place bacon over the barbecued chicken and then sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Close the lid to the grill and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
8. Once melted, remove from the grill and onto the toasted brioche buns or to a plate for assembly. Sprinkle with green onion for garnish.
1. Wash and dry the whole jalapenos.
2. Once the chicken is placed on the grill, add the jalapenos, charring but not burning them on each side.
3. These can be chopped and put into the sandwich or if you like me, I serve them on top of the bun so each person has the option of kicking their sandwich up a little more boldly.
1. Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
2. Brush each bun liberally with the butter.
3. If your grill has enough empty space while grilling the chicken, place the buns inside down against the grill grates to toast the bread. Or place under a broiler for 1-2 minutes for a browning effect.
4. Spread remainder of the barbecue sauce on the buns.
Please note that we are not able to ship to P.O. boxes. Dismiss