Marissa, creator of FirstandFull.com is an NFL wife, mother of 2, and family- taught home cook. She specializes in tailgating eats, meal prep, and easy family dinners. Marissa and her husband Jeff, often host the offensive line for family style dinners and she is always down for a good tailgate!VISIT FIRSTANDFULL.COM
1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 C Old Fashioned Grits
3 C of Water
1/2 C shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1/2 C Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, The Original
1 tbsp Head Country Championship Seasoning, Sweet and Spicy
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
salt+ black pepper, to taste (start with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper)
1. Prepare the grits*: Boil 3 C of water. Turn down to a simmer and whisk in 1 C of grits. Cover and let cook for 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Cook the shrimp: Season the shrimp with Head Country Championship Seasoning. Saute the shrimp on medium- high in 1 tbsp of butter till the shrimp is opaque; ~ 5 minutes.
3. Add the Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce to the pan and let it coat the shrimp.
4. Drizzle with 1 tbsp honey. Add hot sauce, if using.
5. Once the grits are creamy, add the shredded cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. To serve: Spoon grits into a bowl and top with cooked shrimp. Spoon additional pan sauce on top. garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
* I suggest following the instructions on the package. Quick grits require less water and half the time.
Please note that we are not able to ship to P.O. boxes. Dismiss