I'm JP of JPM.Cuisine is a self-taught chef enthusiast of all cuisines and cooking styles. JP began to discover his passion for cooking at the age of 10, where he would watch the greats like Jacques Pepin, Martin Yan, Jeff Smith, and late greats Julia Child and Justin Wilson. He first started his Instagram in January of 2017 and since started a Youtube channel under the same name and is about to launch his blog, www.JPMCuisine.com! He loves everything from traditional French techniques, Asian high temperature wok frying, grilling, smoking, and fusing them all together. He loves to cook and share my passion for cooking with everyone!VISIT JPM CUISINE ON INSTAGRAM
1. To prepare your glaze, puree 1/2 onion in a blender until no large chunks exist. It should look like a paste. Transfer the onion puree to a bowl and add in 1 cup of Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce and mix well.
2. To prepare your chicken, combine all ingredients for the rub mix together and apply directly to chicken thighs, let set for 15 minutes.
3. While resting, heat up your grill to 400°F.
4. Using only half the grill surface, place each thigh on the grill, smooth side down and let cook for four minutes over direct heat (medium if using gas) with the lid on, be careful it doesn't flare up.
5. Flip and cook for another four to five minutes until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
6. Transfer the chicken to other half of the grill (indirect or low heat) and apply glaze with a mop/brush allowing it maintain cooking at 350°F with the lid on for 2 - 3 minutes.
7. Flip and apply glaze after 2 -3 minutes repeating for a total of 3 times, removing once the internal temperature is 160°F.