Southern favorites, kitchen tips, and glimpses of real life as a wife and mother are just a few of the things you will find at The Speedy Spatula. When Amy is not in the kitchen creating a new recipe you can find her in the outdoors enjoying nature with her husband and son. Inspired by a long line of family cooks, Amy takes Southern favorites and makes them fast, healthier, and easy for the modern cook. Follow The Speedy Spatula on Instagram where a new recipe is posted daily!VISIT THE SPEEDY SPATULA'S INSTAGRAM
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ cups Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, The Original
2 tsp Head Country Seasoning, Sweet & Spicy
2 cups tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
¼ cup sliced black olives
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
2 green onion stalks diced (just the green-not the bulb)
2 tbsp sour cream
1. Place chicken breasts in a 2qt or larger slow cooker and add ½ cup water along with the Head Country Seasoning and 1 cup bbq sauce. 2. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours.
3. Once cooked, shred chicken and drizzle 5 tablespoons of the sauce in the slow cooker over the chicken.
4. Spray a cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray and layer chips in the bottom.
5. Top chips with the shredded chicken and add cheese. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven and drizzle ½ cup bbq sauce over the nachos.
7. Add black olives, green onion and shredded lettuce, then top with sour cream in the middle of the nachos and serve immediately.