Dan Whalen is the founder and creator of the popular recipe blog The Food in my Beard. Since the website started in 2008 he has published over 2000 recipes that have been viewed over 50 million times. He currently lives in Boston, where he is working on his second and third cookbooks all about tots and mash-up recipes. Dan believes food should be fun and nothing is off limits, and his unique combinations like the quesadilla bun burger, gnocchos, and jalapeno popper dogs prove it to be true.VISIT THE FOOD IN MY BEARD FOR THE FULL RECIPE
1 head Cauliflower
salt and olive oil
1 cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce
6 slices Cooked Bacon
1/2 cup drained banana peppers
2 cups Grated Jack Cheese
chopped scallions for garnish
1. Break up the cauliflower into golf ball sized pieces. You probably need to slice a few of the larger pieces, try doing it right along the stems so you have a solid piece to skewer.
2. Toss the cauliflower into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a few healthy pinches of salt. Toss to combine.
3. Skewer the cauliflower for easier grilling.
4. Grill about 3 minutes per side to char. Brush with Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce on all sides and continue to grill for a few more minutes per side so the sauce sticks to the cauliflower. Remove from grill.
5. Build the dish by adding some cauliflower, some cheese, bacon, peppers, and more cheese. Repeat until you use all the ingredients or fill your baking dish.
6. Bake at 400°F for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melty and starting to brown.
7. Top with the scallions and more bbq sauce and serve.