Difficulty: Easy. Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 1 hour. Yield: Makes 2 loaves
3 1lbs Ground Beef – 90/10 preferred
¼ Cup Finely Diced Green Bell Pepper
¼ Cup Head Country Premium Marinade
¼ Cup (mounded) Minced Dried Onion OR 1/3 cup Finely Minced Yellow Onion
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Milk
1 ½ Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 ½ Cups Bread Crumbs plus extra if needed
1 Cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce. We Like Hickory Smoke Flavor plus extra for coating and serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. For free formed loaves, lightly coat foil with non-stick spray or oil. For formed loaves in loaf pans, coat pans with non-stick spray or oil and place on baking sheet.
3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, taking care to fully incorporate wet and dry ingredients into the ground beef. If mixture seems too wet ( as though it wouldn't hold its shape) add more bread crumbs. If mixture seems to dry (if it were to crumble apart easy and not hold its shape) add water or milk in tablespoon increments until just right- able to shape easily and hold.
4. Divide the mixture and shape into two loaves or divide in loaf pans on baking sheet.
5. Coat tops of loaves with additional Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce
6. Place on middle rack of oven and bake uncovered until internal temperature at center of loaf reads 160°F, about an hour. Allow to rest 15-20 minutes before slicing.