Matt Eads is a former US Marine and self-taught grillmaster. Building on a lifelong passion for cooking and the memories of his dad's less-than-stellar BBQ, Matt has learned the ways of the grill through reading, practical application, and a lot of trial and error.VISIT GRILLSEEKER FOR FULL RECIPE
2 racks pork spare ribs (also called St. Louis-style ribs)
Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Hot & Spicy
For the rub:
6 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 freshly-ground black pepper
Charcoal grill or smoker
Premium hardwood lump charcoal
Chimney starter or Looftlighter
1. Combine ingredients for rub into a shaker bottle and mix thoroughly.
2. Open and rinse ribs in cold water, pat dry.
3. Salt evenly and return to refrigerator for 1 hour (this is optional).
4. Light grill and bring up to temperature (235°).
5. Cover ribs with light coat of yellow mustard.
6. Season ribs with rub.
7. Place in 235°F smoker, over indirect heat.
8. Spritz or mop every 45 minutes for about 5 hours.
9. Glaze with sauce at the 4.5 hour mark.
10. Let the sauce set for 30 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Please note that we are not able to ship to P.O. boxes. Dismiss