Matt Eads is a former US Marine and self-taught grillmaster. Building on a lifelong passion for cooking and the memories of his dad's less-than-stellar BBQ, Matt has learned the ways of the grill through reading, practical application, and a lot of trial and error.VISIT GRILLSEEKER FOR FULL RECIPE
2 racks pork spare ribs (also called St. Louis-style ribs)
Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Hot & Spciy
For the rub:
6 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 freshly-ground black pepper
Charcoal grill or smoker
Premium hardwood lump charcoal
Chimney starter or Looftlighter
1. Combine ingredients for rub into a shaker bottle and mix thoroughly.
2. Open and rinse ribs in cold water, pat dry.
3. Salt evenly and return to refrigerator for 1 hour (this is optional).
4. Light grill and bring up to temperature (235°).
5. Cover ribs with light coat of yellow mustard.
6. Season ribs with rub.
7. Place in 235°F smoker, over indirect heat.
8. Spritz or mop every 45 minutes for about 5 hours.
9. Glaze with sauce at the 4.5 hour mark.
10. Let the sauce set for 30 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy!