Three years ago, I met a few fellow grillers for a weekend of intense Michigan Winter Grillin. That weekend, I was introduced to Head Country Hot & Spicy BBQ sauce. I have been buying it for my family, by the gallon, ever since. It's great on chicken, pulled pork, ribs, sausage, brisket, shrimp, and veggies too!VISIT PIGSONBBQ ON INSTAGRAM
1. Set up your grill for 2 zone grilling. I like the Vortex on the Big Green Egg, as it contains the lump charcoal while maximizing the indirect space around the outside perimeter of the grate. It will take about 20 minutes to get the coals lit and ready for grilling.
2. While the grill is preheating, remove chicken from the package and pat dry.
3. Using your finger, create a pocket under the skin of the thigh and drum.
4. For each leg quarter, push one half piece of sausage into the pocket. Using your hands on the outside of the skin, push the sausage to fill the pocket in an even layer.
5. Liberally season each piece of chicken with the Head Country seasoning.
6. Place chicken on the grill, skin side down on the indirect area. Close the lid. After 8 minutes, flip the chicken, leaving it cooking indirectly.
7. Continue cooking until the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reaches 155°F.
8. Apply the Head Country Bar-B-Q sauce, about 1 TBS per piece.
9. Allow to continue cooking until the internal temperature is 160°F and the sauce is set.
10. Remove from the grill and serve.