These are the Deviled Eggs that every egg always hopes to be. With the gentle application of smoke and a kick of our Original Championship Seasoning (use our High Plains Heat for some added spice), it's easy to take this classic snack from per-usual to absolutely extraordinary.
Thomas, the creator of Pursuit of Smoke BBQ, is a guy passionate about backyard bbq. From lamb cutlets with Apple Habanero Sauce, to butterfly pork chops with bbq peach glaze, to getting that perfect bark and smoke ring on a brisket, outdoor cooking is something he enjoys doing and sharing with friends, family, and anyone he meets.VISIT PURSUIT OF SMOKE BBQ ON INSTAGRAM
1. Place eggs in a pot with water on stove and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, turn off burner, cover pot for 15 minutes.
3. Remove eggs and place in ice water for 1/2 hour.
4. While eggs are cooling, preheat your grill.
5. Slice eggs and gently remove the cooked yolk.
6. Once coals are hot, place one chunk of hickory wood on coals and cover lid, temp should not exceed 100° internal temp.
7. At this point place cooked yolk halves on your grill grate or grill rack and smoke for 30 minutes.
8. Remove yolk halves and mix in a bowl with mayo, mustard, Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, sugar and salt.
9. Once fully mixed, can use a ziplock bag to squeeze mixture into eggs.
10. Garnish eggs with a dash of paprika and Head Country Championship Seasoning, and crumbled bacon pieces.