4 large bell peppers
1 cup smoked pulled pork, shredded
½ cup yellow rice, cooked and cooled
¼ red onion, minced
½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese, plus 2 oz for topping
½ cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Apple Habanero, plus 2 tbsp for topping
Salt, Pepper, and Fresh snipped Parsley for Garnish
1. Preheat smoker to 225 - 300°F with desired woodchips. I used oak for this.
2. Carefully cut the peppers in half and remove seeds.
3. Combine the pulled pork, yellow rice, onion, black beans, and 4 oz shredded cheese in a bowl. Toss with ½ cup of the Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce to coat.
4. Stuff the peppers equally with with the pulled pork filling and top with cheddar cheese.
5. Place on the smoker and cook until the cheese has melted and the peppers are tender, about 1 hour.
6. Remove from the smoker, plate and serve with additional Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce drizzled over top, fresh snipped parsley or cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.