Difficulty: Easy. Prep Time: 20 min. active; 3 hrs. to overnight marinade. Cook Time: 90 min.
4 Pork Steaks – Bone-in Pork Shoulder cut into ¾ inch to 1 inch thick steaks
4 Tbsp. (plus extra) Head Country Championship Seasoning – The Original
3 Cups Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce
1 Cup Light Beer – Optional
1 Foil Pan and Foil needed
1. Season the pork steaks on all sides with Head Country Championship Seasoning. Depending on the size of your steaks, you may require more than 4 Tbsp. Place in storage bag and allow to rest in refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. If cooking in oven, preheat to 350°F.
3. Sear steaks on both sides over high flame on grill (steaks may also be seared in skillet if cooking indoors).
4. Prepare your pan: Add Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce and Beer to the pan and mix well. When steaks are done searing, add to pan. You may need to add more sauce/beer mix to the pan to ensure the steaks are covered - Just maintain the same 3:1 ratio.
5. Cover pans tightly with foil and move to indirect heat in the grill. Close grill cover. Maintain temperature of approximately 350°F. If using oven, place in oven. Allow steaks to braise for 90-120 minutes.
6. When the steaks are finished braising, they should be tender but not crumbling.
7. Steaks may be served immediately or, if desired, you may re-sear over open flame on each side until sauce is caramelized.