Matt Eads is a former US Marine and self-taught grillmaster. Building on a lifelong passion for cooking and the memories of his dad's less-than-stellar BBQ, Matt has learned the ways of the grill through reading, practical application, and a lot of trial and error.VISIT GRILLSEEKER FOR FULL RECIPE
4 cups bread flour
2 TBSP granulated garlic
2 TSP sugar
1 envelope instant dry yeast
3 TSP kosher salt
1 TBS black pepper
1 1/2 cups hot water, about 110°F to activate the yeast
3 TBSP olive oil
1 ½ cups Head County Bar-B-Q Sauce, The Original
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded baby back rib meat
1 TBSP olive oil
½ cup pineapple chunks (optional)
Thinly sliced onions
Basil leaves, for garnish
Ceramic Grill (I use a Primo)
Baking / Pizza Stone
1. Combine flour, garlic, sugar, yeast, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a stand mixer. Turn the mixer on low and add the hot water and olive oil.
2. Put mixed dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a ball shape.
3. Place dough into lightly greased bowl, coat the dough with olive oil thinly, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit for one hour.
4. Preheat ceramic grill to 550°F. Place pizza stone on cooker and let it come up to temperature. I use a ceramic grill for pizzas because of the high temperature required to perfect the crust.
5. Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces and let them rest under plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Roll out dough and coat the bottom of the dough with cornmeal.
6. Once the dough is rolled out, add ¾ cup of Head County Bar-B-Q Sauce to each pizza and spread evenly, leaving about an inch from the edge.
7. Divide the mozzarella, shredded rib meat, onions, and pineapple evenly between the two pizzas, sprinkling the toppings over the sauce.
8. Brush the edges (crust) of the pizzas with olive oil. This will help the crust get that crisp and golden-brown color we all love on pizza crust.
9. Place the pizzas (one at a time if your stone cannot accommodate both) onto the hot pizza stone for 7 minutes. Remove your pizzas from the cooker and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.