Jordan is a husband and father of 2 daughters, living in San Clemente, California where it is summertime all year! Though he is not a professional chef, his wife is not convinced otherwise! Jordan has always enjoyed the process of the cooking, BBQ, the more complicated and intricate, the better. He's always up for a challenge in the kitchen or behind the grill!VISIT VERTSMOKE ON INSTAGRAM
4-6 pounds – Beef flanken ribs, or Korean short ribs.
1 kiwi (peeled) + 2 TB of water, blended
½ cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Chipotle
⅓ cup Ponzu
½ tsp Korean chili flakes or Sambal
2 cloves Garlic, sliced
2 tbs white Sugar
Pinch of kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
3 Green Onions, sliced in 3” pieces.
1. In a large bowl, mix all marinade ingredients together.
2. Place short ribs in a glass baking dish. Add marinade to ribs and thoroughly coat each one. (Reserve ½ cup of marinade for basting at the end.)
3. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Before grilling, remove any excess marinade from the ribs.
4. Grill 3-5 minutes per side over direct high heat or until medium rare.
5. Garnish with Sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion and serve with grilled pineapple or coconut rice.