Thomas, the creator of Pursuit of Smoke BBQ, is a guy passionate about backyard bbq. From lamb cutlets with Apple Habanero Sauce, to butterfly pork chops with bbq peach glaze, to getting that perfect bark and smoke ring on a brisket, outdoor cooking is something he enjoys doing and sharing with friends, family, and anyone he meets.VISIT PURSUIT OF SMOKE BBQ ON INSTAGRAM
1. Trim off the excess fat from the oxtail, then place in a large ziplock bag with about 10-12oz of Head Country Marinade. Remove all air from the bag and place in your refrigerator for 8 hours.
2. Once 8 hours has passed, remove meat from the bag and liberally season it with Head Country Seasoning.
3. At this point fire up your grill and bring to temp, then add two chunks of oak wood. Grill temp should be between 250º-275ºF.
4. Next, place meat on the grill and let it smoke for around 2 hours.
5. Once the oxtail is done smoking, add them to a slow cooker with the other ingredients. let it cook until the meat is fork tender, should be around 4 hours.
6. Dish can be served as is or over white rice and garnished with cilantro.