Thomas, the creator of Pursuit of Smoke BBQ, is a guy passionate about backyard bbq. From lamb cutlets with apple habanero sauce, to butterfly pork chops with bbq peach glaze, to getting that perfect bark and smoke ring on a brisket, outdoor cooking is something he enjoys doing and sharing with friends, family, and anyone he meets.VISIT PURSUIT OF SMOKE BBQ ON INSTAGRAM
1 Tri tip (1.5 to 2lbs)
1. Trim off excess silver skin and fat from tri-tip, leaving a lean cut of meat.
2. Lightly coat tri-tip with olive oil then rub down with Head Country Championship Seasoning.
3. Place lit charcoal on one side of your grill for direct and indirect heat, grill temp should be 325°-350°F.
4. Place one large chunk of Oak wood directly on charcoal.
5. Put tri-tip on the grill offset from the charcoal.
6. When the internal temp of the meat reaches 105°F, place over direct hear to reverse sear it.
7. Pull once the internal temp hits 130°F, for medium rare
8. Tent meat with foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes
9. Slice and enjoy